Wednesday 4 July 2007

SORN



Received on 4 July 2007:

Dear Sir / Madam,

VEHICLE REGISTRATION MARK: J807 ROK
MAKE/MODEL: FORD FIESTA BONUS

Thank you for making your Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) for this vehicle.

The vehicle record now shows that SORN applies from 01/07/07. The SORN will expire on 30/06/08. You should receive a reminder about 2 weeks before the SORN expires. However it remains your responsibility to ensure that you renew the SORN or license the vehicle. If you sell, permanently export, or scrap the vehicle you must tell us. The notes on the vehicle registration certificate (V5C) explain what to do.

Yours faithfully,

DVLA

Sent on 5 July 2007:

Dear DVLA,

Thank you for sending me a Statutory Off Road Notification.

I plan to drive the car into the River Mersey on 17 May 2007. I will then retrieve the car from the river and crush it into a cube. I will cut this cube up into little cubes to be distributed amongst my Steering Committee. I could not find any notes in the vehicle registration certificate (V5C) that tell me what to do about this. I will inform you of the event nearer the time.

Yours faithfully,

Michael
Driver

PS Perhaps I could add you to my Steering Committee?

No comments: